Stinkin' Good Green Chile Rellenos
"Out of this world! Add a little grated Parmesan to top off this treat" - Carmen S.
- 1 container Stinkin' Good Green Chile
- 1 package egg roll wraps
- 1 can whole green chiles
- 1 16 oz. block cheddar/jack cheese at room temperature
- canola oil
- 1 cup grated Mexican cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes optional
- 1 cup shredded lettuce optional
Heat oil in sauce pan to 350 degrees, slice cheese block in 1/2″ slices and place one piece of cheese inside whole green chile, then place in center of 1 egg roll wrap, moisten edges of wrap with water to seal wrap and fold per instructions of wrap.
Place in oil and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted (you may want to let the cheese sit out at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking).
Drain on paper towel and smother with heated green chile and grated cheese.
Add lettuce and tomato if desired.