Want an egg-stra special breakfast? Make one of our FAVORITE Stinkin’ Good Green Chile breakfast recipes. This green chile dish will delight everyone’s taste buds with your family begging for more. What makes this recipe so special? It’s made with Colorado’s favorite green chile, Stinkin’ Good Green Chile sauce. Purchase it online or at participating King Soopers, Costco and other local stores.
With an undeniable perfect breakfast combination, you can’t go wrong! This tasty green chile breakfast dish has seasoned potatoes, two styles of eggs, sausage, melted cheese and homemade Salsa Fresca. It doesn’t stop there! All this goodness is smothered with the best ingredient of all, Stinkin’ Good Green Chile. How can you pass this up? This is the perfect way to serve up the ultimate breakfast that the whole family will enjoy.
Stinkin’ Good Green Chile Breakfast Enchiladas
- 4 oven safe plates
- ½ pound Ground Breakfast Sausage or 8 links
- 2-3 Russet Potatoes
- 2-3 T. butter
- 8 eggs to scramble
- 4 eggs to fry
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup Pepper jack cheese freshly shredded
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2-3 containers Stinkin’ Good Green Chile
- 1 avocado
- Salt & pepper
- 1 lime cut into 6 slices
- Salsa Fresca optional see recipe below
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1-2 diced jalapenos remove seeds and pulp
- ¼ diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup diced fresh cilantro
- 1 T. Fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste if desired
- Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately.
- Preheat green chile and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook potatoes in oven or microwave, remove skins if you don’t want them, dice and brown in skillet with butter and season with salt and pepper to taste, set aside and keep warm.
- Cook breakfast sausage and cut into ½” pieces, drain grease and set aside. Scramble 8 eggs in pan, add sausage, 1 cup of grated Mexican cheese, 1 cup Stinkin’ Good Green Chile, mix and heat until cheese is melted.
- Warm tortillas in saute pan, dip each tortilla in Stinkin’ Good Green Chile and fill with ½ cup filling, roll and repeat until all are 8 done putting 2 per plate.
- Smother enchilada’s with Stinkin’ Good Green Chile, top with shredded pepper jack cheese and put potatoes on the side, repeat for all 4.
- Put them in the oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese and heat.
- Cook 4 eggs over easy or medium while the enchilada’s are in the oven, remove enchiladas from oven, put egg over each enchilada set, add salt and pepper over eggs, top with salsa fresca, lime juice and put 2-3 avocado slices on each plate as a garnish.